- Complete the general requirements for admission to the Graduate School.
- Complete an undergraduate major in the area of proposed graduate work or equivalent work as approved by the coordinator of the graduate arts administration/theatre program.
- Statement of purpose (no more than 300 words) summarizing background and outlining career goals.
All application materials must be received by March 15 for fall enrollment.
Required Arts Administration Courses - 30-33 credits
- 7850:600 Research & Writing Techniques (3 credits)
- 7850:605 Colloquium on the Arts (3 credits)
- 7850:665 Audience Development (3 credits)
- 7850:666 Principles of Arts Administration (3 credits)
- 7850:682 Fund Raising & Grantsmanship in the Arts (3 credits)
- 7850:691 Arts Administration Practices & Policies (3 credits)
- 7850:692 Legal Aspects of Arts Administrators (3 credits)
- 7850:698 Internship (3-6 credits)
- 7850:699 Master's Thesis (6 credits)
Required Business Courses - 9 credits
- Finance (3 credits)
- Management (3 credits)
- Marketing (3 credits)
Consult with your academic adviser for courses in these fields that will satisfy this requirement.
Electives in Related Fields - 3-6 credits
- Options here include coursework in business, computer science, urban studies, art, music, law, theatre and dance.
General Electives - 0-3 credits
- Complete an oral defense of the thesis.