Child and Adolescent Health Nursing-Acute Care Certificate
The ten credit hour Post-MSN Child and Adolescent Health Nursing-Acute Care certificate program is designed for those primary care pediatric nurse practitioners who hold an MSN and a national certification as a pediatric nurse practitioner and are seeking preparation for the acute care pediatric nurse practitioner role. Post MSN students will be assessed on an individual basis and may be required to complete additional courses from the Child and Adolescent Health Nursing track in order to achieve the competencies required to sit for certification as a pediatric acute care nurse practitioner.
CAH Post-MSN Prerequisite Courses
- 7400:585 Seminar in Family & Consumer Sciences (2 credits)
- 8200:608 Pathophysiological Concepts of Nursing Care (3 credits)
- 8200:650 Advanced Pediatric/Adolescent Assessment (3 credits)
- 8200:656 Pharmacology for Child & Adolescent Health Nursing(3 credits)
CAH Post-MSN Certificate Program Courses
- 8200:685 Child and Adolescent Health Nursing - Acute Care III (3 credits)
- 8200:686 Child and Adolescent Health Nursing - Acute Care III Practicum (2 credits)
- 8200:687 Child/Adolescent Health Nursing-Acute Care IV (3 credits)
- 8200:688 Child and Adolescent Health Nursing-Acute Care IV Practicum (2 credits)
One credit hour requires 75 hours of supervised clinical practice. Students may be required to complete additional acute care clinical hours to achieve required competencies to sit for certification and the CAH NP Residency.