Master of Science in Polymer Science
Core Courses - 16 credits
- 9871:601 Polymer Chemistry (4 credits)
- 9871:607 Seminar in Polymer Science I (1 credit)
- 9871:613 Polymer Science Laboratory (3 credits)
- 9871:631 Polymer Physics I (4 credits)
- 9871:674 Polymer Characterization (2 credits)
- 9871:685 Introduction to Biomacromolecules (2 credits)
Elective Courses - 8 credits
Completion of eight credit hours of elective courses appropriate to student’s area of interest.
Thesis - 6 credits
Pass one cumulative exam.
Written Pre-thesis Literature Review
A written review of the literature will be submitted (in the fall of the second year for full-time students) to the adviser and thesis reader in advance of the completion of the thesis. This literature review receives a grade from each faculty member.
A public discussion referred to as a departmental "formal seminar" is required which reviews the literature pertinent to the research problem.
Attendance at and participation in seminar-type discussions scheduled by the department.
Computer proficiency is required and can be satisfied by an earlier undergraduate computer programming course or by a related course taken at The University of Akron.