International Business, Certificate
Certificate in International Business (680000C)
The wave of rapid change in the physical, political, economic, and cultural landscapes around the world is creating new opportunities and challenges for businesses and individuals that need to be managed effectively. The interdisciplinary 15-credit International Business (IB) Certificate is for students who are not enrolled in the College of Business Administration. It provides students with an opportunity to better understand the global business environment and potential responses to these forces.
College of Business Administration Undergraduate Programs
http://www.uakron.edu/cba/uadvising * (330) 972-7042 * CBA 260
The following information has official approval of the Department of Marketing and the College of Business Administration, but is intended only as a guide. Completion of this minor is contingent upon many factors, including but not limited to: class availability, total number of required credits, work schedule, finances, family, course drops/withdrawals, successfully passing courses, prerequisites, among others.
College of Business Administration Policies for Certificates:
- Complete all certificate requirements prior to graduation.
- Earn a 2.0 GPA in all certificate coursework.
- Complete all pre-requisites for each course.
- Courses may not be taken as pass/ fail.
- Complete at least 6 additional credits not needed for any other major, minor, or certificate.
- Earn at least 9 credits at The University of Akron in the CBA.
- Declare the certificate in the Business Undergraduate Advising Office, CBA room 260.
|6100:101||Business Issues in a Connected World||3|
|6800:421||Foreign Market Entry (Fall only) 1||3|
|Select two of the following:||6|
|Introduction to Terrorism|
|Introduction to International Development|
|Economics of Developing Countries|
|Principles of International Economics|
|Philosophy of International Law|
|World Politics & Government|
|International Politics & Institutions|
|Wealth and Power Among Nations|
|International Business Law (Spring only)|
|Intercultural Communication 1|
Must be admitted to 4 year degree granting major.