Nurse Anesthesia Track, DNP
The Doctor of Nursing Practice specializing in Nurse Anesthesia focuses on anesthetic management in various clinical settings to patients in every stage of life. The nurse anesthesia track provides the leadership skills needed to transform evidence-based care into practice, and measure outcomes.
- Baccalaureate degree in a nursing program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accreditation Commission or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. The University of Akron recognizes a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a foreign institution.
- 3.00 GPA on a 4.00 scale for BSN and all previous nursing degrees.
- 3.00 GPA on a 4.00 scale for science GPA.
- CCRN certification required prior to the interview for the Nurse Anesthesia program.
- Three letters of reference from a recent employer; a member of the nursing profession; a former faculty member.
- Essay, a 300-word position paper describing professional goals, purpose in seeking graduate education, and why The University of Akron Nurse Anesthesia Track.
- Current unrestricted State of Ohio Registered Nurse license.
- Interview required before admission to the program.
- A minimum of one year of current ADULT critical care experience before the interview. Current experience is defined as one consecutive year of adult critical care nursing. The following does not constitute critical care experience for admission to The University of Akron: operating room, labor, and delivery step down telemetry units, neonatal intensive care, emergency room, pediatric intensive care, post-anesthesia care units, and cardiac catheterization labs.
See the Nurse Anesthesia Program webpage for additional program information and forms required for the application.
|8200:561||Advanced Physiological Concepts in Health Care I||3|
|8200:562||Advanced Physiological Concepts in Health Care II||3|
|8200:603||Theoretical Basis for Nursing||3|
|8200:607||Policy Issues in Nursing||2|
|8200:619||Principles of Evidence Based Practice||3|
Nursing Anesthesia Courses
|8200:609||Advanced Pathophysiology for Nurse Anesthetist||3|
|8200:637||Nurse Anesthesia Residency I||4|
|8200:640||Scientific Components of Nurse Anesthesia||3|
|8200:641||Advanced Pharmacology for Nurse Anesthesia I||3|
|8200:642||Anesthesia Techniques, Prodcedures, and Simulation Lab||4|
|8200:643||Advanced Health Assessment and Principles of Nurse Anesthesia I||4|
|8200:644||Advanced Pharmacology for Nurse Anesthesia II||3|
|8200:645||Advanced Health Assessment and Principles of Anesthesia II||4|
|8200:646||Nurse Anesthesia Residency II||4|
|8200:647||Professional Roles for Nurse Anesthesia||2|
|8200:648||Nurse Anesthesia Residency III||4|
|8200:649||Nurse Anesthesia Residency IV||4|
|8200:700||Information Management in Health Care||3|
|8200:705||Clinical Nurse Scholar I||3|
|8200:706||Clinical Nurse Scholar II||4|
|8200:707||Clinical Scholar Residency||3|
|8200:708||DNP Project I||3|
|8200:709||DNP Project II||3|
|8200:710||Advanced Healthcare Statistics||3|
|8200:712||Fiscal Management in Healthcare||3|
|8200:713||Advanced Leadership in Health Care||3|
|8200:714||Synthesis and Application of Evidence for Advanced Practice Nurses||3|
|8200:715||Fundamentals of Public Health Epidemiology||3|
|8200:848||AMNR: Program Evaluation in Nursing||3|
Minimum Required Credits: 93
Program Specific Requirement: 3470:661 Statistics for Life Sciences or equivalent graduate level statistics course. Receives no credit toward the degree.
DNP Clinical/Internship Experience
Students must complete a DNP Clinical/Internship Experience of 540 clock hours.