Child and Adolescent Health Nurse Practitioner, Certificate
This ten credit hour Post-MSN certificate program is designed for those acute care pediatric nurse practitioners who hold an MSN and a national certification as a pediatric nurse practitioner and are seeking preparation for the primary care pediatric nurse practitioner role. Post-MSN students will be assessed on an individual basis and may be required to complete additional courses from the Child and Adolescent Health Nursing track in order to achieve the competencies required to sit for certification as a pediatric acute care nurse practitioner.
- Current unrestricted State of Ohio APRN license with national certification in Pediatrics.
- Hold an MSN degree from a professionally accredited nursing program.
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale for the master’s degree program.
- A minimum of one year of clinical experience in a pediatric setting.
- Complete an interview with the program coordinator.
Program of Study
|8200:654||Child and Adolescent Health Nursing III Practicum||2|
|8200:657||Child & Adolescent Health Nursing III||3|
|8200:659||Child and Adolescent Health Nursing IV Practicum||2|
|8200:680||Child and Adolescent Health Nursing IV||3|
Each practicum course requires 150 hours of supervised clinical practice.
Nurse practitioners in other areas of practice will be assessed on an individual basis through a gap analysis, and may be required to complete additional courses from the Child and Adolescent Health Nursing track in order to achieve the competencies required to sit for certification as a pediatric primary care nurse practitioner.