Esports Business, Certificate
Certificate in Esports Business (650300C)
This certificate is prepared to respond to the industry’s need for business professionals by providing a platform to our students that will promote intellectual discussion/ knowledge creation about the esports industry. Specifically, this certificate will prepare students planning to work in the esports industry with the knowledge base necessary to understand up-to-date information about current global esports ecosystem.
http://www.uakron.edu/cba/uadvising * (330) 972-7042 * College of Business room 260
The following information has official approval of the Department of Management and the College of Business, but is intended only as a guide. Completion of this minor is contingent upon many factors, including but not limited to: class availability, total number of required credits, work schedule, finances, family, course drops/withdrawals, successfully passing courses, prerequisites, among others.
College of Business Policies for Certificates:
- Complete all certificate requirements prior to graduation.
- Earn a 2.0 GPA in all certificate coursework.
- Complete all prerequisites for each course.
- Courses may not be taken as pass/fail.
- Complete at least 6 additional credits not needed for any other major, minor, or certificate.
- Earn at least 9 credits at The University of Akron in the College of Business.
- Declare the certificate in the Business Undergraduate Advising Office, College of Business room 260.
|6500:380||Global Esports Business Management||3|
|6500:400||Esports Event Management||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Introduction to Entrepreneurship|
|Applied Sales in Sport|
|Social Media Marketing|
|Principles of Social Media|