Managing People, Certificate
Certificate in Managing People (650010C)
The Managing People Certificate will provide students with skills to lead and manage others in the organization. By completing this certificate, students will be prepared for supervisory or management positions.
The Managing People Certificate is twelve credits which includes four 3-credit classes from the Management department at the College of Business.
College of Business room 260
The following information has official approval of the Department of Management and the College of Business, but is intended only as a guide. Completion of this minor is contingent upon many factors, including but not limited to: class availability, total number of required credits, work schedule, finances, family, course drops/withdrawals, successfully passing courses, prerequisites, among others.
College of Business Policies for Certificates:
- Complete all certificate requirements prior to graduation.
- Earn a 2.0 GPA in all certificate coursework.
- Maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA in all undergraduate coursework.
- Complete all prerequisites for each course.
- Courses may not be taken as pass/fail.
- Complete at least 6 additional credits not needed for any other major, minor, or certificate.
- Earn at least 9 credits at The University of Akron in the College of Business.
- Declare the certificate in the Business Undergraduate Advising Office, College of Business room 260.
|MGMT:301||Management: Principles & Concepts||3|
|MGMT:302||Organizational Behavior & Leadership Skills||3|
|HRM:341||Human Resource Management||3|
|HRM:342||Employee and Labor Relations||3|
|or HRM:443||Human Resources Selection & Staffing|